The 3 Week Diet System

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

3 women suffer burns as LPG leak causes fire

June 17:

Three women suffered burns when a fire broke out as cooking gas leaked from a cylinder in a house at Kattuparamakudi near here on Wednesday.
Police said Kavitha (31) and Sooriyakala (49) who were engaged in cooking, changed the gas cylinder when it fell down. After the valve got damaged, the LPG started leaking from the cylinder and caused a fire.
Paramakudi Station Fire Officer M. Deivendran said the fire soon spread in the house and the compressor of the refrigerator kept in the kitchen exploded. They fought for nearly an hour to put out the fire, he said.
Murugeswari (48), a neighbour who came to the rescue of the two women also suffered burns. Ms. Kavitha and Ms. Sooriyakala, who suffered burns in their hands, legs and stomach, were admitted to Government Rajaji Hospital in Madurai, while Ms. Murugeswari is being treated at the local government hospital, the police said.
The men in the house, Udayakumar (62), a retired Tasildhar and his brother Chandrakumar (45), an electrician, were living in a joint family, and they were away when the mishap occurred. The children had also gone to school, the police said. Local Tasildhar Kalimuthu inspected the house and conducted an enquiry.


Paramakudi Town police have registered a case and are investigating.


Source: www.thehindu.com/news/national/tamil-nadu/3-women-suffer-burns-as-lpg-leak-causes-fire/article7327760.ece?ref=tpnews

No comments:

Post a Comment